During this program, students approach science through STEM!
They develop projects that “feel” and act in the real world. They construct robotic systems and automations using the micro:bit microcontroller. At the same time, they program in the textual programming language Python.
Through a series of projects, students engage with areas of secondary school physics. They design and carry out experiments. They understand phenomena and calculate quantities. They use electronic circuits and sensors as they are incorporated into more and more systems around us.
Purpose of the program
By the end of the program, students will be able to:
- familiarized themselves with physical computing using micro:bit microcontroller and Python language,
- performed experiments with electronic circuits and sensors,
- carried out analysis of their data to provide solutions to real-world issues using STEM methodology,
- developed communication and presentation skills to disseminate results
- Age: 13-14 years old
- Number of activities: 30
- Duration of activity: 90′
- Students per classroom: 12
- Language: Greek / English