STEM Education offers young children the opportunity to create their first algorithms!
With this new program, we wish to set a strong foundation from an early age into understanding coding concepts through experiential activities that will motivate children to love the process of learning.
Each lesson is a different story – a challenge that motivates children to solve a problem through the programming of a robot. The group of students creates its own unique story, which is then illustrated in the form of a track.
- Will the firefighting vehicle – robot put out the fire and save the animals?
- Which route should it follow to reach its destination in time?
- Will it be able to solve mathematical puzzles?
- Will it be able to collect cubes of the same color, find the right number and reach the result we are looking for?
These are issues to be resolved through programming. Children through their involvement in these scenarios and many more will develop problem-solving skills. They will learn to analyze, to understand in depth the problem, to propose solutions and to choose the most correct one, to plan the way of action and to act. With the innovative way of thinking and the critical ability that they will acquire in combination with the cooperative spirit, they will be able to face difficulties with self-confidence and internal learning motivations.The term “algorithm” means the specific sequence of steps and actions that we follow in order to complete a task. Given this definition, we understand the importance of learning programming-related skills from a very young age.
So let’s code! !
Purpose of the program
The main goal of the program is to cultivate basic programming skills through enjoyable, playful activities. We also aim to develop problem-solving skills and teamwork.
- Age: 6-8 years old
- Number of activities: 30
- Duration of activity: 60′
- Students per classroom: 12
- Language: Greek / English