In the Design & Technology educational program, students explore the world of design and technology, combining creativity and innovation!
From digital design to the construction of functional prototypes, children discover the principles of design and technology integration. They learn to use digital design tools, 3D printers, and robotics, transforming their ideas into reality.
By understanding the basic principles of programming, students develop the ability to create functional programs for robots, allowing them to control them on their own during a competitive test. Leveraging this knowledge, students learn to modify the construction of robots with the aim of improving their performance.
In summary, Design & Technology allows students to develop their skills in design and technology, inspiring them to become creators of their own innovation and shape their ideas for a better outcome, aiming to achieve their goal.
Purpose of the program
By the end of the program, students will be able to:
- Create their first competitive robot.
- Program their robot using MakeCode Micro-bit.
- Design 3D models using the Tinkercad application.
- Work in teams to improve and showcase their creations.
- Compete among themselves to see their constructions in action and observe how their changes affect the outcome.
- Age: Elementary 5, 6
- Number of activities: 30
- Duration of activity: 90′
- Students per classroom: 12
- Language: Greek / English